Monday, June 10, 2013

Quick School Update

I just realized that some people aren't on Facebook and therefore don't get the little updates that I post on the All About Lefty Facebook page. 

In my last post, I talked about Curtis' upcoming IEP meeting. I was nervous. Always am with those things. Long story short--it went great. Curtis will be at the same preschool next year, but we will be bumping him up to the 4 year old class. He will continue with PT, OT, APE, and speech. The OT and speech will decrease to one half hour session/week instead of two half hour sessions. APE will remain two sessions/week. 

Sometime during January/February of 2014 we will be meeting to discuss his transition to kindergarten. Just the thought makes me anxious. I really want him to go to the same elementary school as his older siblings. I think that shouldn't be a problem. As long as he continues to do as well as he's been doing, there's no reason for him to go elsewhere. If something changes and he needs more assistance, there are other schools within the district that might be a better fit. Of course, we will pick the school that is best for him. Even though I know big bro and big sis would be devastated. They've wanted him at their school for so long. So this next year I'm really going to try my best to get Curtis physically and socially ready for that leap into kinder. For his sake and for big bro and big sis. Hoping we can make that happen! 

For now, we're just happy with where we're at for next year. 

Summer starts in two weeks. 

Curtis turns FIVE in 10 days.
WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment